Powered by Blogger.

Sharpie home decor

>> Monday, June 6, 2011

The sharpie works on every surface. Metal, wood, fabric, canvas and walls. We saw how some creative people have used the sharpie to adorn their walls.  Let's see what else you can achieve using this tiny little marker.
Photo Credits: DustySusan Flickr stream

Here is what she said " This dresser has some of my fabric stash in there. My son had written on my dresser with a black sharpie pen. Instead of getting mad, I said to myself, "why not join him?". This dresser sits in my sewing/craft room."

Talk about going bold! I bet she gets asked all the time how she did it!

Photo Credits: Sharpie blog

Isn't this table a work of art! It reminds me of a tattoo or a henna design. All this was done with a black sharpie.


Photo Credits: Google images

I am in love with these floors! Who needs area rugs if you can paint the floors like this? The artist is Heike Weber.


Photo Credits: Lindy Cottage Hill

 See how Lindy made this pillow using a sharpie. Such a brilliant idea!


Photo Credits: Pininterest

Paint a shower curtain using your sharpie!  You can recreate these designs using your DIY shower curtain kit found here.


Photo Credits: Google Images

How about using a sharpie to create a headboard!


Photo Credits: Sharpie blog

You can create beautiful plates for display only. This wall of plates has been created by the artist Jeffery Fulvimari.
 

 Photo Credits: Flickr

Use a Sharpie to transform a pain chair from target. Make it your own.

Do you know the sharpie can also be used to touch u scratches on your furniture.

Next time you see a sharpie maybe you will be inspired to use it for more than doodling and writing notes!  hope you enjoyed this post. Do not forget to join me on GFC/Facebook/Twitter.

Do check out the beach bag and hat set giveaway from Maurice Monograms.

20 comments:

Kelly June 6, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

i LOVE sharpies. i think i have every color ever made. you can truly do so much with them.

kristie@thedecorologist June 6, 2011 at 4:51 PM  

wow - that's a new one on me! amazing!!!

Linda Holt Interiors June 6, 2011 at 6:06 PM  

Love the plate idea...I might steal it for my hallway!

Unknown June 7, 2011 at 4:52 AM  

Very cool. There is something about a sharpie design that just pops. I love that coffee table! Following along via Busy Mom's blog hop.

Upscale Downhome June 7, 2011 at 5:33 AM  

Who knew Sharpies could be so versatile?

Jacqueline June 7, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

Love sharpies myself! Found your cute blog on a blog hop and now following you! Please stop by mine at www.mysimplehomelife.com!

Pinching Abe June 7, 2011 at 4:56 PM  

The floor pic was way cool!

I'm here from Totally Tuesdays and a new follower. Please visit me sometime at Making Ends Meet :)))

Mary Mollica, Owner & Artist of The Decorative Paintbrush June 8, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

Love, love, love!!! Did I say LOVE, the dresser! And that cute little table, then the chair! Get out of town! I redo furniture, can you tell! Thanks for sharing such cool stuff :D

Mary http://thedecorativepaintbrush.blogspot.com

Unknown June 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

I totally heart sharpies! What a cool post!!

Kerri June 9, 2011 at 1:43 AM  

As if I needed another reason to buy Sharpies - I sense a debit to my bank account coming.... Amazing - so glad you shared this! Visiting via the Wednesday Window hop.

Patricia June 9, 2011 at 2:12 AM  

I am totally amazed I had no idea you could do all of that with Sharpies. I only use mine for one thing. I am going to rethink that.

I am following you via Wandering Wednesday blog hop. Following you on GFC, FB and Tweeter. Stop by my blog and follow however you like.

http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

Sara June 9, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

New follower from thrilling thursday hop!!! LOVE your page! ;)

AsylumTanya June 9, 2011 at 9:30 AM  

Fun! I have Sharpie markers in lots of different shades. I could really have some fun!

Chef in Training June 10, 2011 at 3:37 PM  

super fun post! I am visiting from the hop! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would follow me back! My most recent blog post explains how in case my blogger follow button is down! thanks so much!
-Nikki
http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

Unknown June 10, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

I love the headboard idea!

Theresa June 11, 2011 at 5:45 PM  

What a great post! I love Sharpies! We bought a HUGE pack of all different colors and we LOVE using them!

Anonymous,  June 4, 2013 at 10:26 PM  

Hi colleagues, how is all, and what you desire to say regarding this paragraph, in my
view its genuinely awesome designed for me.

my web-site new cellulite treatment

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP