Powered by Blogger.

Magenta for outdoor spaces - Hit or miss

>> Friday, April 1, 2011

I was really excited to see the crate and barrel outdoor collections catalog . Contemporary furniture and accessories full of bright vibrant colors. My favorite collection would be alfresco, but the color that really stood out for me, was Magenta. It is the color of orchids, A shade of purple with a little tint hot pink mixed in. Not a lot of retailers have this color in their outdoor collections.



I love lime green, orange, yellow and blue but, Magenta looks to be the new color on the block. So if you are not afraid of color, go ahead and try out this new fun youthful color.

Here are some more modern outdoor accessories that are in the same hue.

Photo Credits: 1. Outdoor stools by Frank Gery available at inmod.com 2. Pots by Pad Outdoor 3. Fruit bowl by AmbienteDirect


You can add Magenta as an accent to your outdoor space. I think It looks great with white or as in the picture below with turquoise.

Photo Credits: Furniture store blog

This homeowner has gone full force with Magenta! May I say,you need to be a real dare devil to do a look like this! Not something I would ever do in my own house.
photo credits: color.interiordezine

What do you think?  Magenta - Hit or a Miss?

6 comments:

Nina April 1, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

I'm going to have to go with hate. I don't mind a splash of magenta... but tons of it!? EWW! Go back to 1991!

Barbara Pilcher April 2, 2011 at 5:09 AM  

I think outdoor spaces are a great place to indulge a love for color. It's not like you spend the whole year or even more than a few hours outside at a time. Bright colors can stand up to lots of natural light, and give a casual, fun feel to outdoor spaces.

But I can understand why some people would want the sophisticated, serene look of more subtle colors.

Personally, I'm drawn to awning stripes in vivid colors.

Miriam April 2, 2011 at 6:05 PM  

I like it...sometimes? You're right, it's hit or miss :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Laura Everyday Edits April 4, 2011 at 6:18 PM  

I love magenta in bits and pieces! I'm your newest follower from the Tuesday blog hop. I would love and visit and follow back!

laura@imnotatrophywife.com

http://imnotatrophywife.blogspot.com/2011/04/spring-is-in-air.html

Unknown April 14, 2011 at 3:07 PM  

Hmmm..maybe as an accent but certainly not my cup of tea. I love the blues and greens, though!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP