Powered by Blogger.

Avian Addict

>> Thursday, November 18, 2010

Do you love birds? I am not a big fan of birds in real life but when it comes to decor I have to confess I love birds!!

Bird motifs have been popular in home decor for quite some time.Whether you are a country gal, or like something more simple and modern,there are a lot of options to choose from.

Be it Throw pillows , lamps, dinnerware, fabric ,art, kids room decor birds seem to be flocking everywhere.
I plan to have a bird art gallery wall in my family room. Still a work in progress. Maybe one or two perched on the mantel.

Here are some of my favorite things.

Throw pillows I am in love with.




What lovely lamps! Sure to spark a conversation.




Aren't these bird mobiles the most adorable thing you could add to the nursery! They steal my heart.



Add a bit of whimsy to your dinnerware. I love the soup bowls with the black birds.





Add some pattern to your wall with these vinyl decals.




Everything else from holiday decor to art and wall hooks.





Images:Potterybarn, www.modcloth.com, HSN, Ballard Designs, www.dinnerwaredepot.com , Horchow, etsy

13 comments:

Patti B. November 19, 2010 at 8:58 AM  

Hi! I'm visiting from the SITS forum on BlogFrog. I love the bird motifs, especially the vinyl decals. They really add a touch of creativity, whimsy and fun.

Ange November 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM  

I love owls! My hubs thinks it's a bit strange so I don't really have much in the way of owl decor, yet. Every night I can hear an owl outside my window and it makes me smile.
I'm loving the plates you featured, how fun! Visiting from 320 sycamore!

Unknown November 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM  

Thanks Ange! I love owls too!

laughwithusblog November 20, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

My decor always feels really cheesy when I look at things like this. :) I wish I were better at decorating!

Melissa November 20, 2010 at 5:59 PM  

Mmmmm...love those pillows! Great inspiration pictures you've put together~

Unknown November 20, 2010 at 6:24 PM  

Thanks Melissa.I have been reading your blog for a long time now.CG got me addicted to blogs.

I am very happy that a you like my post.

. November 22, 2010 at 11:03 AM  

That hanging bird cage in the second picture I LOVE!! :)

Legacy of Love March 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM  

I love your tweety stuff!

Have a great weekend.

Jess March 24, 2011 at 2:27 PM  

Just wanted to let you know that I featured this post today on FTF! Thanks for sharing it and grab a featured button if you would like!

A to Zen March 26, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

I love the pics of these pillows and dishes. Wish I knew how to decorate like this. It's funny to read here that other people love owls like me. Haven't heard too many people say it before. There is an owl that sits in my neighbor's yard and I love to listen to him. Found you on the blogfrog.

Anonymous,  April 19, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

Why would you not be a fan of birds in real life but love decorating in a bird theme? That doesn't make much sense to me. If you love the way birds look, why wouldn't you be a fan?

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Bloggers - Meet Millions of Bloggers

Blog Top Sites

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Blogger template

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP